Degree: Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts in Professional Counseling
Majors: Biblical Studies, Professional Counseling with Clinical Concentration
Major Mission: The Clinical Counseling concentration will provide training that will give entry level qualifications for opportunities in professional mental health counseling and state licensure.
Major Outcomes - Students will:
- Evaluate theory and use formal measurements to accurately assess the client’s context, learning, development, personality, motivation, and character.
- Develop clinical skill necessary to conduct individual therapy for those with serious mental health conditions.
- Integrate specific knowledge and skill necessary to counsel effectively those with various diagnoses, vocational need, and diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Conduct critical thinking skills to evaluate theory and practice from a biblical perspective.
- Synthesize information and knowledge by means of supervised counseling experiences.
- Acquire sufficient knowledge of scientific research and literature to be prepared to investigate specific areas of need in mental health counseling.
- Apply ethical principles to prospective clinical situations that reflect an open and collaborative approach to resolve ethical dilemmas.
Major Effectiveness: Click here to see data supporting the effectiveness of this program.
Additional Requirements needed for Pennsylvania Licensure