Degree: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Majors: Biblical Studies, Business Administration, also available as a minor Major
Mission: The mission of the Business Administration program is to educate Christian students with the necessary business knowledge and skills that they may proclaim Jesus Christ and serve Him in the Church and society. Specifically, the vision of the Business Administration program is to develop, equip and inspire fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ and provide them with the necessary skills to be successful God-honoring business leaders. Highly skilled and devoted workers will be sent into the market place to model the life of Jesus Christ to the business world.
Major Outcomes - Students Will:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of prioritization related to spiritual aspects of life, relational interactions and their service to the church and the world. Specific skills developed will be time management, goal setting, resource allocation, vision, organization, drive and critical thinking.
- Analyze and express information and ideas in a variety of appropriate means with clarity and coherence in written and spoken forms.
- Master the key sub-disciplines within the business realm. Specific skills developed will be subject matter expertise, applying knowledge to everyday life, decision-making, problem solving and confidence in decisions.
- Analyze their role in the world and work, following Jesus Christ’s example as their model of leadership. Specific skills developed will be driven-ness, working with excellence, flexibility, self-motivation, and ethical actions.
- Demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence in both personal and business relationships. Some of the basic features of emotional intelligence include delegation, collaboration, motivation and candor.
- Apply the concept of maximizing God’s gifts in our lives. Areas of emphasis will be identifying and developing gifts and talents and balancing resources.
Major Effectiveness: Click here to see data supporting the effectiveness of this program.
Business Administration Minor Requirements - 18 Total Credits
* Sport Management students have adapted requirements for the Sport Management Major with Business Minor . They take BUS 102 - Introduction to Business , BUS 201 - Business Ethics , BUS 306 - Entrepreneurship , and BUS 403 - Negotiations , and cover material regarding marketing, finance, and law within their own major.