Degree: Bachelor of Science, Master of Education
Majors: Biblical Studies, Elementary and Secondary School Counseling
Certification: Pennsylvania School Counseling (K-12)
Major Mission: The School Counseling major will provide training that will grant students the opportunity to seek PA public school certification and state licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor.
Major Outcomes - Students will:
- Provide training in the essential areas of vocational guidance, social and developmental issues, curriculum management, and crisis intervention.
- Orient the student to the school counselor’s role and to school counseling systems through the American School Counselor Association National Model.
- Create within the student the ability to conduct critical thinking skills to evaluate theory and practice from a biblical perspective.
- Provide an emphasis on application of information and knowledge by means of supervised school counseling experiences.
- Develop the student’s knowledge of the foundational elements in counseling theory and research to prepare students for further study.
Major Effectiveness: Click here to see data supporting the effectiveness of this program.
Requirements: Please see Department of Counseling & Social Work for admission, retention, and certification policies for all education students and majors. See Additional Requirements needed for Pennsylvania Licensure .