Degrees: Bachelor of Science in Education
Majors: Early Childhood Education, Biblical Studies
Certification: Pennsylvania (PreK-4) and ACSI (K-8)
Major Mission: The Early Childhood Education major trains students from a philosophical base which
reflects a biblical worldview, to serve the community as teachers in public and private schools.
- The teacher candidate will integrate knowledge to design coherent learning experiences.
- The teacher candidate will implement safe, equitable, learning-focused environments.
- The teacher candidate will demonstrate effective instructional practices.
- The teacher candidate will demonstrate professionalism.
- The teacher candidate will integrate a biblical worldview.
Major Description: The Early Childhood Education Major trains students to teach children in grades PreK-4 in a variety of educational settings. Coursework and field experiences focus on understanding the needs of the “whole child” and implementing developmentally appropriate practices. Students in this major become the generalist elementary teacher, teaching all subjects to students.
Major Effectiveness: Click here to see data supporting the effectiveness of this program.