Degree: Bachelor of Science
Majors: Biblical Studies, Intercultural Studies, also available as a minor
Major Mission: The Intercultural Studies major equips servant leaders to be effective cross-cultural communicators, compassionate examples, and committed disciple-makers of Jesus Christ.
Major Outcomes - Students will:
- Display godly character within the pursuit of becoming a servant leader.
- Cultivate areas of individual gifting and abilities connected to relationships and cross-cultural ministry.
- Practice the interpersonal skills necessary for effective cross-cultural ministry.
- Communicate biblical truth in cross-cultural settings with creativity, accuracy, relevance, and sensitivity.
- Develop multidirectional mentoring relationships to create a model for the lifelong disciple making process.
- Articulate a personal philosophy of cross-cultural ministry that addresses biblical, theoretical, practical, global, and cultural concerns.
Major Effectiveness: Click here to see data supporting the effectiveness of this program.
*The ICS electives would be chosen from one of the following courses:
ICS 240 - Wayumi (off campus)
ICS 301 - Second Language Acquisition
ICS 322 - Principles of Church Planting
ICS 335 - Practical Survival Skill
ICS 340 - World Religions
ICS 410 - Readings in Missions
ICS 424 - Urban Church Ministry
ICS 425 - Area Studies