Degree: Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies
Major: Biblical Studies
Major Mission: The Biblical Studies major exists to utilize an interdisciplinary approach whereby students may design a course of study that coincides with their academic interests and ministry preparation.
Major Outcomes - Students will:
- Evidence a solid overview of ministry in conjunction with their biblical studies major.
- Articulate their personal philosophy of ministry in accord with a biblical worldview.
- Demonstrate godly character within the framework of a servant style of leadership.
Major Effectiveness: Click here to see data supporting the effectiveness of this program.
The goal of the Biblical Studies major is to provide students with flexibility in selecting their 39 credits of Major Electives. The Bible and Arts & Science requirements are the same as the other Bachelor degrees. Courses should be selected in consultation with the academic advisor since not every Major Elective is available to the Biblical Studies student. Students need to be cautioned that while a broad approach is attractive, it does not provide an in-depth ministry preparation in any one area. The major is good for transfer students who have already taken a variety of major electives at another higher education institution. Students are required to focus a minimum of 12 Major Electives in a minor. Students must choose a minor in one of the following programs:
- Children & Family Ministry
- Human Services
- Intercultural Studies
- Music Performance
- Pastoral Ministry
- Sports Management & Ministry
- Student Ministry
- Women in Christian Ministry
See the individual curriculum sheets for each program for the requirements of the minors.