Degree: Bachelor of Arts
Majors: Biblical Studies, Communication, also available as a minor
Major Mission: The Communication major is Lancaster Bible College’s response to the urgent need for communicators to influence the media and culture from a relevant but biblical worldview. This major seeks to meet this demand by producing skilled communication professionals rooted in Christian values.
Major Outcomes - Students will:
- Articulate and evaluate the significance of culture on message design, delivery and impact.
- Identify and differentiate the major communication theories and describe the relevance of appropriate theories to their chosen communication field.
- Participate in a communication career field to further develop skills, knowledge, and experiences.
- Appropriately apply ethical principles and professional codes of ethics to the practice of communication.
- Integrate a biblical worldview into the practice and evaluation of communication.
Major Effectiveness: Click here to see data supporting the effectiveness of this program.
Of the 6 required electives, at least 3 must be COM prefixed. The remaining electives (up to 3) may either be selected from the Approved Electives List, found in the Communication Student Handbook or through approval by the Communication Major Director.
*All elective courses without a COM prefix must be approved by your Communication Advisor prior to registering for these courses.