2016-2017 Capital Seminary and Graduate School Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Master of Arts in Ministry
The Master of Arts in Ministry (MAM) program is designed to provide professional ministry development, primarily in church and church-related ministries. Students receive foundational preparation for a broad range of careers. The career marketplace for graduates from the MAM includes pastors, church and church-related staff members, Christian education specialists, student ministry professionals, and specialists in children’s ministry.
This degree program provides individuals with contemporary biblical and theological scholarship that is transferable to ministry and brings vitality and commitment to service. This degree program endeavors to produce individuals who are marked by character qualities consistent with biblical servant leadership, competent in service to God and humanity through the use of essential skills in communication, leadership and management, and committed to a set of core values and beliefs that align with the historic Christian faith.
Please see the program curricula here:
The purpose of the Master of Arts in Ministry degree is to prepare students to effectively minister in both local church and church-related contexts. Students develop a solution orientation to the challenges of ministry and learn to integrate both biblical precepts and the Christian faith with their professional practices.
The Master of Arts in Ministry program equips students for ministry in the church and society by developing:
- A foundational knowledge of the narrative, content, and interpretation of the Bible for the purposes of the development of a biblical worldview.
- The skill sets necessary in effectively communicating the Scriptures.
- The skills necessary in the process of personal spiritual formation and discipleship of others.
- The character and competencies necessary to be an authentic servant leader.
- A biblical philosophy of ministry and leadership practice applicable in the context of contemporary culture.
- The knowledge and skill sets necessary to lead individuals, teams, and organizations.
- The skill sets necessary for assessing organizational health and strategizing for organizational development.
- Knowledge and skill sets appropriate to the selected ministry concentration.
- Experiential learning and research skills for maintaining life-long education.
Click here to see data supporting the effectiveness of this program.
Note: Not all concentrations are offered at each site. See program pages for details.
Boca Raton, FL
Application and Admission